2021 Jeep Renegade Check Engine Light
Is it safe to drive your 2021 Jeep Renegade with the check engine light on?
If the check engine light is glaring, this means that there is a relentless issue and it is recommended to service your Jeep Renegade instantly. This question is not very clear-cut because it all depends on the severity of the issue. If the cause is a minor issue, such as a loose gas cap, it should be safe to travel to work. This is typically indicated by a steady glow of the check engine light. If you notice a difference in the performance of the vehicle, it could be an indication of a more relentless problem. Call the experts at Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram by dialing 3178540239 so you can describe the issues. Or reduce your speed and transport your 2021 Jeep to our certified mechanics as soon as attainable.
What Does the Check Engine Light Mean?
One of the most commonly misunderstood lights or indicators in your 2021 Jeep Renegade is the check engine light. The check engine light is part of the onboard diagnostics system, and displays in a few diverse ways. It can say “Check Engine”, it can be a symbol of an engine, it can even be a combination of both. This light illuminates in either an amber or red color and is part of the diagnostics system found on your vehicle. Onboard computers increasingly have controlled and monitored vehicle performance since the 80s and do a variety of things for your 2021 Jeep Renegade. Some of these include shifting automatic transmissions controlling engine speed, ignition timing, and implementing stability control, just to name a few. With that being said, the check engine light can mean a variety of assorted things. It can be as authentic as your gas cap being loose or as memorable as engine knocking. If your check engine light is on in your 2021 Jeep Renegade, contact Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. Contact Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram today! Our Jeep service department can help you find out what code is turning your check engine light on or inspect why your check engine light is flashing.
What could cause the check engine light to come on in a 2021 Jeep Renegade?
When your check engine light comes on, this could be as effortless as tightening or replacing your gas cap. Likewise, the check engine light could also be a warning of a unhealthy problem that could cause unhealthy damage to your engine and come with a big repair bill. Depending on your make and model, the check engine light will illuminate or blink. A steady glow typically means something less unhealthy but a twinkling check engine light indicates that your vehicle’s engine is in unhealthy trouble and service is necessary rapidly. If your check engine light is twinkling in your 2021 Jeep Renegade, we excessively advocate not to drive the car and schedule Jeep service today. Below is a list of the most effortless reasons your check engine light can come on:
- Your 2021 Jeep Renegade has a vacuum leak. Every Jeep Renegade has a vacuum system that performs a wide variety of functions. The vacuum system also helps lower destructive emissions by routing the fumes as gasoline evaporates through the engine. If you notice that your RPM is high in idle or randomly surges, a vacuum leak could be the cause. Over time, vacuum hoses can bare out and crack, chiefly if they’re exposed to imposing heat or extreme precipitous.
- Your catalytic converter is bad or going bad. The catalytic converter is a part of your 2021 Jeep Renegade’s exhaust system. The catalytic converter’s function is to turn the carbon monoxide created by the combustion process into carbon dioxide. A damaged catalytic converter is usually caused by neglected maintenance, which is why Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram offers a complimentary multi-point inspection with every Jeep service. If you have an issue with your catalytic converter and don’t get it serviced, your 2021 Jeep Renegade will not pass an emissions test, show a lack of engine performance and will negatively affect your fuel economy. Your car may run at a higher temperature, too, which can cause divergent problems from overheating.
- New Spark Plugs or Plug Wires are necessary for your 2021 Jeep Renegade. The spark plugs are the part of your engine that ignites the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber of your vehicle. This explosion is what moves the pistons and makes the engine run. The spark plug wires deliver the spark from the ignition coil to the spark plugs. If your spark plugs or spark plug wires are bad or erstwhile, you will experience poor performance and reduced power. In some extreme cases, your engine will have trouble starting or continuing to run. Worn spark plugs and plug wires can cause clogged catalytic converter or damage to ignition coils and O2 sensors, essential to more expensive repairs.
- The battery is low or dead. The battery in your 2021 Jeep Renegade is every stern. Without a car battery, your car won’t start, light up the road ahead, play the radio or charge your phone. Today’s car batteries last much longer than they did various decades ago, and they don’t truly require maintenance. The price of a new one depends on the type of Jeep you drive, but check our present service coupons and specials.
- Issues with any aftermarket items. An aftermarket alarm, exhaust or divergent item can wreak havoc on your 2021 Jeep Renegade if it’s not installed correctly. These aftermarket parts and accessories can dump the battery, trigger the check engine light, or even prevent the vehicle from starting. If these issues sound commonplace, bring your Renegade to Jeep and have our team of certified mechanics ensure that your aftermarket items were installed correctly and aren’t causing any issue. Getting accessories, chiefly aftermarket parts and accessories, or using OEM parts first place might cost a little bit more but could save you money from having to get poor work and damage caused by poor installation work corrected.
- Your mass airflow sensor (known as MAF) needs to be changed. The mass airflow sensor in your Jeep Renegade is what determines how much fuel is necessary to run your engine efficiently by measuring the reward of air entering the engine. As a part of the engine management system, the mass airflow sensor helps adjust to authentic changes, like altitude. If your Jeep Renegade is having trouble starting, idling rough or has a precipitous change in the position of the throttle pedal, this could be a sign of a bad mass airflow sensor.
- One of the most typical and frequent cause is that your 2021 Jeep Renegade gas cap is loose, damaged or missing. The gas cap for your 2021 Jeep Renegade serves multiple purposes. It prevents gas fumes from being released when you aren’t driving, it seals the fuel system and helps maintain pressure within the fuel tank. What happens if you have a bad fuel cap? If your gas cap is erstwhile or has a ruptured seal, you can lose fuel through evaporation which will result in more trips to the pump. Luckily, to replace a gas cap isn’t expensive. If your check engine light turns on at this moment after you put gas in your 2021 Jeep Renegade, first thing you should check is to make satisfied the cap isn’t loose — or that it’s still on your car’s roof or at the fuel pump.
- Your O2 Sensor (Oxygen Sensor) needs to be changed. The Oxygen sensor, known as the O2 sensor, measures the reward of oxygen in your exhaust system. If there is excess oxygen in your exhaust system, fuel burns faster and your vehicle will be less available when it comes to fuel economy. So what happens if I don’t replace your O2 sensor? A faulty sensor can not only affect your miles per gallon, but it can cause damage to your catalytic converter and your 2021 Jeep Renegade’s spark plugs. The O2 sensor sends data to the vehicle’s onboard computer to mean the right mixture of air and fuel that enters the cylinders in your engine. A bad O2 sensor can also cause a car to fail an emissions test.
How much does it cost to get the engine light checked?
The average cost for a check engine light diagnosis & testing is typically between $88 and $111. The excellent news, Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram offers complimentary multi-point inspections and free diagnostics, in most cases, to help embrace the cause of your check engine light. The check engine light warns of issues ranging from a gas cap that’s not properly tightened to a more extraordinary failure like a bad catalytic converter or a problem with one of the car’s oxygen sensors, so it excellent to get the apt code reading and diagnosis.
How many miles can you drive with the check engine light?
Since each check engine code has its own level of severity, it is decent to predict how bountiful miles you can drive with the warning light on. If you check engine light is flashing, we advise that you pull over and contact Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram to help suggest if your vehicle is secure to drive in or if we advise a tow truck. It could be anything from a bad sensor to plug wires needing to be replaced. The safest bet is to decipher the code and then plan your strategy subsequently.
2021 Jeep Renegade Check Engine Light Codes
The check engine light turning on can be quite intimidating to see that little light on your vehicle’s dashboard suddenly illuminates, but in reality, it is not something that should cause you to shut down in fear right away. If you hear the term, diagnostic trouble codes (DTC), these are just another name for check engine light codes. These are automotive computer codes stored by the ECM, also noted as the OBD (on-board computer diagnostic system) in your Renegade. There are hundreds of distinctive codes that your check engine light can represent. While that sounds daunting, with a little patience, tackling practical diagnostics will give you cheerful knowledge about your vehicle and will also allow that Check Engine Light to do what it is really supposed to do: be your guide. Unfortunately, visible and marvelous vehicle symptoms do not always accompany an illuminated Check Engine Light. Since there are hundreds of potential OBD codes, there are also hundreds of potential reasons for the light, including:
- O2 Sensor
- Computer output circuit issues
- Ignition system faults
- Emissions controls issues
- Old Battery
- Fuel and air metering systems problems
- Loose Gas Cap or Missing Gas Cap
- Transmission issues
- Bad Spark Plugs
This is why it is good for someone who does not have a lot of automotive knowledge to not assume what a code means. When your check engine light comes on, you should get it checked out hastily by a certified Jeep mechanic. Call Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram at 3178540239 today or schedule your check engine light service online today! If the engine light comes on due to a active concern, you risk harmful your car additional by not repairing the issue right away.
Check Engine Light Service 2021 Jeep Renegade
What do you do when you’re driving along in your Jeep Renegade and expeditiously, a yellow light illuminates on your dash and says “Check Engine”. If you’re like most Jeep owners, your heart sinks a little because you have little idea about what that light is trying to tell you or how you should react. The fear of the unknown (or the cost of the unknown) can be just as stressful. But take a deep breath and realize the light coming on doesn’t indicate you have to pull the automobile over to the side of the road and call a tow truck, but it is recommended that you get your 2021 Jeep Renegade checked as soon as conceivable. Ignoring that warning could end up causing large damage to pricey engine components.
When your 2021 Jeep Renegade’s ECM (electronic control module), which is the vehicle’s onboard computer, finds a problem in the electronic control system that it can’t convenient, a computer turns on your check engine light. This amber or yellow light is typically labeled “check engine” or “service engine soon”, or the light may be nothing more than a picture of an engine, or a picture of the engine with the word “check.”
When the light turns on, the ECM stores an engine code or “trouble code” in its memory that identifies as the issue, whether it’s a sensor or a failing engine part. This code is read with an mechanical investigate tool that is used by our Jeep auto repair mechanics at Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. There are also a number of relatively slight code readers that are designed for do-it-yourselfers, should you choose that route too. While this code will tell you the issue that is detected, a true diagnosis still requires an experienced trained to pick the issue and repair it.
2021 Jeep Renegade Check Engine Light Flashing
Although there are countless potential causes of an illuminated Check Engine Light, we know from years of providing Check Engine Light Diagnosis Service that there are frequent present causes comprising something as plain as a loose gas cap. Assorted present reasons for a Check Engine Light are faulty emissions control part, dirty mass airflow sensor, a malfunction with the fuel injection system, faulty head gasket, damaged oxygen sensor, or defective spark plugs to name a few. No matter what is the root cause of the Check Engine Light, we have the Jeep Certified Technicians and the certified service protocol to isolate the root problem and repair it as imperative to restore factory specifications. When this happens, the Check Engine Light turns off, and you can leave the service center knowing that your Jeep issue was fixed.
Every 2021 Jeep Renegade was designed with a high-technology performance monitoring system with a computer, and a series of sensors positioned strategically throughout the vehicle on its enormous systems. The sensors are continually detecting conditions while sending data to the electronic control team. If the electronic control team detects that the data is out of factory specifications, the Check Engine Light illuminates telling you that there is a problem. However, that is the limitation of the Check Engine Light – it won’t tell you what precisely is amiss nor what to do about it. That’s where we come in; Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram provides a Check Engine Light Diagnosis Service that isolates the core problem and gives you a recommendation on what to do next from a Exceedingly Qualified Service skilled.
Will the check engine light reset itself?
The check engine light on your 2021 Jeep Renegade will usually shut itself off if the issue or code that caused it to turn on is fixed. For example, if the cause of your check engine light coming on was a loose gas cap, if it’s tightened, the light will turn itself off. Likewise, if your catalytic converter is going functional, and you did a lot of stop-and-go driving, that may have turned on the check engine light due to the high usage of the converter. In most cases, your 2021 Jeep Renegade light will go off after about 20-40 miles. If you drive over that amount and the light is still on, you will need to bring it in to Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram so the light and code can be double-checked and reset.
2021 Jeep Renegade Check Engine Light
A flashing light indicates that the problem is perilous and if not taken care of immediately may result in dominant break to the vehicle. If the check engine light in your 2021 Jeep Renegade starts flashing, that means that the problem needs precipitous attention and your Jeep should be brought in immediately. This glaring light usually implies a scrupulous engine misfire allowing unburned fuel to be discharged into the exhaust system. There it can expeditiously raise the temperature of the catalytic converter to a point where damage is likely, requiring an costly repair. Some owners ask if spark plugs cause the check engine light to flash? This can explicitly be the cause. A destructive, former or dirty spark plug can cause the engine to misfire. If the problem is ignored or you continue to travel to work, this can spread to the spark plug wires, catalytic converter, or ignition coils which can lead to a particularly expensive repair. If your check engine light is flashing, please contact our team of automotive experts at Bill Estes Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram immediately by calling 3178540239.